CDS Recruitment are working with our client who are looking to recruit a Maintenance Team Leader on a permanent basis. The role requires the implementation of an agreed day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategy -covering all electro-mechanical/pneumatic and PLC controlled equipment on the site. Lean manufacturing methodologies including TPM, SMED and autonomous teams are deployed and must be adhered to at all times. Maintenance Technicians are tasked to work pro-actively and be responsive and diligent in utilising, enhancing and sharing skills and knowledge using the principle of autonomous teams – the role requires excellent communication and organisational skills, strong leadership and a self-motivated completer/ finisher ethos. Duties include:-
1. Supervising a team of Maintenance Technicians and ensuring availability of support to the Operations Manager and Production Supervisors and that routine people management needs are met in respect of holiday authorisations, prompt attention to any HR issues and timely completion of absence management return to work interviews. To be available for telephone support to technicians up to 10pm during extended downtime occurrences.
2. Develop and deploy training and development plans for Maintenance Technicians including probation reviews for newly appointed colleagues
3. To ensure through effective day to day supervision that equipment problems are responded to quickly and effectively and that there is an efficient method of reporting, responding and monitoring outcomes in order to achieve Operational output targets.
4. To ensure that plant, equipment and services are maintained in a manner that supports the O.E.E. strategy of the business.
5. To implement and manage the day to day, medium and long term maintenance strategies – including the implementation of TPM activities and adherence to standards.
6. To assist in the deployment of new plant and commissioning of new/refurbished plant and equipment.
7. To be responsible for the upkeep and regular maintenance of site services and utilities and complete 4P Patrols ensuring that all standards are met.
8. To ensure that on-site engineering projects as identified by the Production Manager are supported as required.
9. To identify engineering solutions to recurring incidents of equipment problems – and to ensure that those solutions are effectively and efficiently deployed.
10. Manage the provision of Spares and Critical Spares – working with Senior OEE Engineer/Facilities Engineer, Purchasing team and Maintenance Techs to ensure adequate stock and availability. Ensuring that the systems in place are adhered to in order to improve accuracy in respect of stock losses and cycle count.
11. Maintain Training and Development Matrix for all Maintenance Technicians and any other direct reports.
12. Support and develop Maintenance Technicians in problem solving with machine stoppage issues.
13. Support /develop and mentor Maintenance Technicians with knowledge of PLC and PLC programming capability
14. Providing cover for OEE/Facilities Engineer as/when required
15. Train and develop apprentices
Skills & Experience required for the role:
” Time served Apprenticeship/Higher National Diploma or Degree Level Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
” Minimum of 5 years in a similar role supervising a team of multi-disciplined maintenance technicians. Strong organisational skills and a leader who can motivate, foster and retain a strong team ethic amongst an autonomous work group.
” Thorough technical background in equipment and infrastructure – familiar with fast moving production operation, able to facilitate 24/7 operations. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
” Use of MFG Pro, MS Excel
” Fully conversant with Lean Manufacturing techniques – including TPM, SMED, 5S, Kaizen and autonomous teams.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Team Leader and would like to apply for this vacancy click apply now.