Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Marine)
CDS Recruitment and Training Ltd have been asked to assist a successful and growing company source a senior geotechnical engineer from the marine industry.
Due to our clients ongoing work commitments, CDS Recruitment and Training’s client are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in the north east.
Skills; Geotechnical or similar back ground, with offshore energy experience.
Location; North East
Salary : Excellent – dependent upon experience
Our successful client are a leading geoscience and geotechnical consultancy. They provide expert technical services and geotechnical advice, design, and consulting and management services to the offshore energy sectors, across renewables, and oil and gas. This covers:
• Site Investigation Scoping, Design & Management
• Integrated Ground Model Development
• Burial & Trenching Assessment and Optimisation
• Cable Burial Risk Assessment (CBRA)
• Foundation Design and Development
• Mooring Anchor Design
• Jack-up Analysis
The suitable candidate will have the following duties:
1. Lead in the preparation and delivery of geotechnical studies, designs, and technical reports, which could cover any of the above activities
2. Conduct and supervise data assessments and geotechnical analyses
3. Client liaison and supporting project delivery to meet client’s need with good commercial awareness and financial judgement
4. Able to present their work effectively to multi-disciplinary / multi-national teams and in front of clients
• Five years’ experience working in a geotechnical engineering environment in the offshore sector.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology, or closely related subject supported by further academic study or practical experience in geotechnical engineering or engineering geology in the offshore sector
• Knowledge of ground investigation, geotechnical engineering and geological processes.
• Computer literate and excellent technical report writing skills
• Working knowledge of geotechnical software: ArcGIS, Global Mapper and proprietary software for geotechnical analysis, such as PLAXIS, GIS, GRL WEAP.
• Experience of offshore foundation design, covering shallow and deep foundations, and mooring anchor analysis
• Jack up leg penetration assessment
• Trenching/Burial assessments, Cable Burial Risk Assessment (CBRA)
• Seismic Hazard Assessment (PSHA)
• Active participation/graduate membership of a professional organization such as the Institution of Civil Engineers, or Geological Society
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. The company offers a competitive salary package according to experience.